Abington - Jefferson Health's first priority is the safety of you and your baby. Due to current health concerns, we are transitioning our classes to a virtual format. Check back often for updates.
As one of the leading maternity hospitals in the Delaware Valley in number of babies born every year, we are committed to caring for expecting and new parents. In addition to providing advanced medical care and technology, we sponsor educational programs on topics covering planning for pregnancy, childbirth and parenting.
Abington – Jefferson Health's maternity education program prepares expecting parents for the arrival of their newborn. These resources focus on labor preparation, what to expect during delivery, your hospital stay and caring for your newborn. For assistance navigating these virtual resources, please contact our Lead Childbirth Educator.
Recommended Learning Playlists
Access Abington – Jefferson Health’s comprehensive video library and view recommending learning playlists that cover a wide range of topics from conception to postpartum to caring for your baby and more.
- Childbirth Academy is designed to help you understand the process of labor and birth and to answer questions about the birth of your child.
- Click here to learn more about Childbirth Academy.
- Click "Enroll" to create an account.
- The program will show a total price of $199. Use the access code BABYACADEMY to receive the course at a discounted rate of $49.95.
- After registration, you will have 90 days to access the course.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Lead Childbirth Educator.
Baby Basics with our Pediatrician
This virtual class is lead by our Chair of Pediatrics and one of our Childbirth Educators. They present a Power Point review of common concerns including how to choose a pediatric care provider, feeding choices, safety, care in the hospital, what tests are performed, expectations of being a new parent, safe sleep guidelines, immunizations and more.
You are welcome to bring your questions to ask during our open forum Q&A after the lecture.
- Register today for our virtual Baby Basics with our Pediatrician class. The Zoom link will be sent to you within 24 hours of the event.
- This virtual class uses a Power Point guided discussion to help you understand the process of breastfeeding. We hope our educators can assist you in a positive, confident start to your breastfeeding journey.
- You will also have an opportunity to ask your own questions about breastfeeding.
- Register today for our virtual Breastfeeding class. The Zoom link will be sent to you within 24 hours of the event.
- You can access these online resources for more information about breastfeeding.
- The American Heart Association offers bilingual CPR Anytime kits which teaches CPR, relief of choking in adults, children and infants as well as infant CPR. These kits are ideal for family members, friends and members of the general community who want to learn CPR but do not need a course completion card.
Labor & Delivery Tour
Prenatal Yoga Class - Coming Soon
- Many expecting moms would like to learn gentle stretches and movements to assist with their changing body during pregnancy. This virtual class will teach participants how to build strength and flexibility, as well as teach breathing awareness and relaxation. All of these techniques aid comfort during pregnancy and labor.
- Our certified prenatal yoga instructor welcomes you to join her in a monthly class that is just for pregnant mothers. You do not need to have any prior yoga experience to attend but you do need the waiver form completed by your OB office before your first class.