One Day Strangulation Training – The Last Warning Shot
Presented by: Training Institute on Strangulation Prevention
Tuesday, April 16, 2019
MCIU (Montgomery County Intermediate Unit) Conference Center
2 West Lafayette Street
Norristown, Pa 19401
Gael Strack, JD
Ralph J. Riviello, MD, MS, FACEP
Please join fellow law enforcement personnel, prosecutors, victim advocates, judges, parole and probation officers, pre-hospital responders forensic examiners, and medical personnel to:
- Increase understanding of the signs and symptom of strangulation
- Improve identification and documentation by dispatchers, paramedics, nurses and police.
- Increase felony prosecutions and accountability
- Reduce the number of strangulation cases being dismissed or reduced to misdemeanors simply because the victim recants or doesn’t appear in court
- Improve victim safety through early intervention.
This Activity has been submitted to Pennsylvania State Nurses Association for approval to award contact hours. Pennsylvania State Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
At the conclusion of this activity education credits will be provided for: Attorneys, Law Enforcement (MPOETC) Social Workers and EMS
For questions or additional information, please contact Karen Dougherty.