Emotional Support Services
Abington – Jefferson Health offers emotional support services to mothers throughout their pregnancy journey and postpartum experience, as well as support to mothers or couples experiencing a pregnancy or infant loss.
A behavioral health consultant will:
- Help mothers work through any feelings of anxiety, stress or concerns they may be experiencing during or after pregnancy
- Provide treatment to those experiencing postpartum depression
- Counsel mothers on how to cope with feelings of worry about the well-being of their baby
- Offer support to mothers having difficulty sleeping, experiencing a loss of appetite or struggling with self-care
- Provide grief counseling for women and couples who have experienced an infant or pregnancy loss
It is important to express these thoughts and feelings to someone who can help you address them. Take out “these feelings” and replace with “them.”
The videos below discuss feelings you may experience during your pregnancy, your stay at the hospital and after you go home with your baby.
Make an Appointment
Referrals for emotional support services can be made through your OB/GYN physician. Patients can also make self-referrals by calling 215-481-3540.
If you are in need of help, please talk to your physician or reach the behavioral health consultant directly at 215-481-3540.