Our Maternity Services Really Deliver
When you’re expecting, you’ll want to be sure you have access to experienced, respected maternity care. At Abington Hospital – Jefferson Health, there’s a reason we deliver nearly 5,000 babies a year and are third in the state of Pennsylvania for number of births. Our expertise — and the skill of our obstetricians and maternal–fetal specialists — is the choice of most women. Every birth is a one-of–a–kind event. Our doctors, nurses and staff are sensitive to your needs and those of your newborn and your family. Access the care, safety and amenities you want for you and your baby by becoming a patient of one of our obstetricians today.
10 Reasons to Trust AH to Deliver Your Baby
- Our staff of caring, experienced physicians (including board-certified OB/GYNs and Family Medicine doctors) working with certified registered nurse practitioners, nurses and technicians.
- Our comprehensive, advanced infertility services, including pre-implantation embryo screening, and a staff of full-time reproductive endocrinologists.
- High-risk pregnancy services, including full-time perinatologists and genetic counselors, the Prenatal Testing and Fetal Diagnostic centers, and a dedicated inpatient MOM (Maternal Observation and Monitoring) unit.
- Our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) staffed by eight full-time neonatologists and four neonatal clinical nurse practitioners and highly skilled clinical staff.
- Educational programs to help prepare you for pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, parenting and more!
- Board-certified pediatricians and family practitioners on staff to care for your child.
- Physicians from the nationally ranked Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children provide pediatric services for our inpatient unit, Emergency Trauma Center and for specialty care.
- Home care services, for high-risk moms before delivery, and maternal/baby care after leaving the hospital.
- Beautiful inpatient units, including what we believe is the area’s first “selfie” background mural for baby’s first photo.
- Since 1914, hundreds of thousands of parents have trusted us – more than 240,000 babies have been born here!