Hernia Repair Program
Minimally Invasive Hernia Surgery /
Fast Return to Normal Activity
Experts at Abington – Jefferson Health have extensive experience in repairing hernias. Our advanced surgical techniques are customized to each individual, based on their hernia type, age and physical condition and most patients return home the same day as their procedure.
Hernia repair is available at both Abington Hospital and Abington – Lansdale Hospital. We offer:
- Outpatient ambulatory surgery
- Sedation and local anesthesia rather than general anesthesia (general anesthesia requires that patients are placed on ventilators to assist with breathing)
- Fast, safe resumption of normal activities
- Quick return to work
- Rapid return to sports and recreational activities
- Most insurance coverages accepted
Our surgeons offer a variety of minimally invasive surgical techniques utilizing the latest methods and products. Some hernia repairs require a mesh product that is individually selected to match the precise size, shape and configuration for each patient. This selection process is the foundation for our approach. Our expertise in both routine and complex hernia surgery assures that all our patients receive the most satisfactory, safe and effective repair.
- Inguinal, femoral, umbilical and many simple and complex incisional hernias are performed as outpatient procedures.
- For most hernia repairs, surgeons use a mini-incision “open” technique, using mild sedation and local anesthesia.
For more information, contact us at 215-481-MEDI (Abington – Jefferson Health surgeons) or 215-368-1122 (Lansdale Hospital surgeons).