Guide to Surgery at Abington – Jefferson Health
Our guide to surgery was developed to help you prepare yourself or a loved one for surgery at Abington. Please review each of the five topics below.
- Preparing for Surgery includes helpful instructions to help you prepare for your surgical procedure, including what you’ll need to do the day before, the day of and the days following your procedure.
- The Preadmission Process explains the preadmission process, including the information you will be asked for upon admission.
- Patient Education explains the importance of being involved in your own health care
- Sacred Space was created by our operating room (OR) nurses to make the OR experience more comforting for our patients, the Sacred Space is a holistic healing environment where nurses are dedicated to alleviating fears and putting patients at ease.
- For Family Members includes visitation, notification and Family Lounge Information.