Enhanced Technology for More Complex Cases
Abington surgeons use one of the most advanced surgical systems available – the da Vinci Xi™ and Si™ – for procedures of the thoracic, abdominal and pelvic regions. These experts work with exceptionally refined instruments to operate through one or more small incisions, depending on the type of surgery. “The da Vinci three-dimensional, high-density vision system allows surgeons to see anatomical structures with a remarkably magnified view, virtually extending their eyes and hands into the patient,” says Walter J. Scott, MD, chief, Division of Thoracic Surgery at Abington Hospital – Jefferson Health.
Abington surgeons with advanced training include those who specialize in:
- Bariatric surgery.
- Colorectal surgery.
- General surgery.
- Gynecologic oncology.
- Reproductive endocrinology.
- Surgical oncology.
- Thoracic surgery.
- Urology (adult and pediatric).
Among the more common procedures they are performing are:
- Hysterectomies.Gynecologic oncology staging.
- Pelvic organ prolapse repair.
- Fibroid tumor treatment.
- Kidney reconstructive surgery.
- Surgical weight loss procedures.
- General thoracic surgery (removal of lung cancers, thymomas, esophageal cancers).
- Other delicate surgical procedures.