The Fourth Annual
Forging Partnerships in the Continuum of Care
Thursday, April 25, 2019 • Abington Hospital - Jefferson Health
Frobese Conference Center - Zaslow Auditorium
1200 Old York Rd • Abington, PA 19001
This program is intended as an educational session that will address a wide array of post-acute initiatives in caring for patients. The focus of this symposium is collaboration within the post-acute setting to prevent readmissions. The faculty will present concise, evidence-based lectures with time to address questions.
Upon completion of this session, the participant shall be able to:
- Summarize what the Bundle Payment Program Initiative – Advanced is and the components needed to achieve the IHI Triple Aim.
- Define sepsis; recognize how it is treated and implement post-acute collaboration for patients.
- Describe what the SNF Value Based Purchasing program is; and the application of best practices to deliver positive patient outcomes.
- Identify tools used by PowerBack Willow Grove that have improved its re-hospitalization score.
- Recognize transition of care roles and strategies that each use to prevent readmissions.
- Discuss the types of social issues found in the community and the agencies that can help promote patient safety.
- Implement the IHI 4Ms Model of age friendly care.
This program presented by Abington - Jefferson Health is intended for those leaders in skilled nursing, assisted living, long term care and inpatient rehabilitation facilities: administrators, directors of nursing, assistant directors of nursing and medical social workers.
Credit Designation Statement
Abington Health is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by PA State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This continuing nursing education activity was approved for maximum of (7.25) Continuing Education Units available for:
- Nursing home administrators
- Social workers