Muller Institute for Senior Health
We’re honored to help seniors achieve and maintain healthy, enjoyable lives. Through our broad range of inpatient and outpatient, as well as home & community-based programs, we focus on helping each older adult attain the best functioning for physical and emotional well-being.
We understand that older adults have varying lifestyles and health conditions. Our patients, their families and caregivers know they can rely on us for the latest proven approaches that are right for each individual.
Innovative Medical Care and Services
Our team of caring specialists delivers the best diagnostic and treatment methods, and support in a welcoming, convenient environment. Board-certified geriatricians, geropsychiatrists, geriatric nurses, nurse practitioners, social workers and elder life specialists provide advanced approaches for improving, and even avoiding, conditions that may arise with aging while supporting family caregivers with education, guidance and respite.
Through comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care, we offer exceptional geriatric services in comfortable settings, including:
- Our out-patient Geriatric Assessment Center offers cognitive and needs-based evaluations for seniors including comprehensive care plan reviews with a licensed social worker.
- Our supportive Memory Fitness Center at Warminster offers a half-day activity program for those showing signs of memory loss with full-day programming available through Adult Day Services in Lansdale.
- A mobility-restoring Geriatric Fracture Program of the Orthopaedic & Spine Institute at Abington Hospital and Abington – Lansdale Hospital provides hope after injuries that could limit movement without such coordinated care.
- Home Care services to assist home bound seniors with a change in medical condition or recovery from an in-patient or rehab facility stay.
The high quality of Abington – Jefferson Health's geriatric medicine physicians, nurses and social workers, our involvement in clinical research and our geriatric fellowship program put us at the forefront of senior health care in the region.
Our leadership and expertise in senior health and well-being has won attention:
- U.S. News and World Reports awarded Abington Memorial Hospital a commendation in geriatrics.
- The national Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP) honored our program as a HELP Center of Excellence.
- Abington Memorial Hospital has been named a NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Health System Elders) hospital for our high level of excellence in geriatric nursing care throughout the institution.
- Our home care services consistently rank above other regional providers, and state and national averages, with better patient outcomes as tracked by Medicare’s home health compare.
To discover the finest in senior health evaluation, services, and care, choose Abington – Jefferson Health.