The Crisis Service program provides 24-hour crisis intervention services for individuals experiencing behavioral health emergencies. Crisis clinicians are available to provide comprehensive assessment and referral services. Services are provided either in the Crisis Service office or in the Emergency Trauma Center inpatient unit at Abington Hospital – Jefferson Health.
The Crisis Service team is composed of trained, experienced crisis clinicians and Abington Hospital – Jefferson Health psychiatric staff.
- To provide comprehensive medical and behavioral health assessment and diagnostic services.
- To provide crisis intervention services to patients and staff of Abington Hospital – Jefferson Health and for the community at large.
- To make appropriate recommendations for further treatment and to assist patients in accessing treatment resources.
Crisis clinicians meet with each individual to conduct an in-depth, comprehensive assessment of his or her current problems, psychiatric history, substance abuse history, medical history and family issues. If indicated, patients may receive medical testing and treatment through the hospital's Emergency /Trauma Center.
Based upon the initial assessments, recommendations will be made to the patient or their family. Recommendations may include referrals to:
- a psychiatrist or a mental health professional for further treatment.
- a substance abuse or dual diagnosis treatment facility.
- for further medical treatment.
- to a partial hospital program.
- to an intensive outpatient program
- to an inpatient unit if indicted, including Abington Hospital – Jefferson Health's Inpatient Adult and Geropsychiatric programs.
If indicated, crisis clinicians and psychiatrists may make necessary arrangements for involuntary commitments.
For more information about the Crisis Service, please call 215-481-2525.
Dexur, a data-driven hospital and healthcare news and research service rated Abington Hospital a top-rated hospital in Pennsylvania for Alcohol and Drug Abuse for post-hospitalization discharge rates and stays to Skilled Nursing Facilities.