Stomp out the Stigma Towards Substance Use Disorder Symposium
Wednesday, March 11, 2020
9:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Frobese Conference Center
Those with substance use disorder (SUD) face stigmas every day – but when that stigma is coming from those involved in their health care, it can negatively impact their diagnosis, treatment and outcome. Through our speakers, we hope to bring awareness to the roots of addiction and how we, as healthcare providers, can help our patients have the best outcomes possible.
Our speakers will have guest patients to share their personal stories – driving home the fact that we are all human and this disease can happen to anyone. Please join us for a transformative day.
View the full program agenda here
- Recognize the circumstances leading to the opioid crisis
- Discuss adverse childhood experiences and their influence on health and well-being throughout the lifespan, including the potential for opioid use disorder (OUD)
- Discuss behaviors (both positive and negative) used to manage stress and crisis situations
- Describe how opinions/thoughts/reactions can impact an individual or a group
- Discuss the current state of the opioid crisis
- Review medications used for both OUD and chronic pain
- Identify strategies for pain control in chronic pain
Continuing education credits will be offered. See agenda for credit hour breakdown.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST DISCLOSURE POLICY Faculty and all others who have the ability to control the content of the continuing medical education sponsored by Abington Health are expected to disclose to the audience whether they do or do not have any real or apparent conflict(s) of interest or other relationships related to the content of their presentation(s).
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT Abington Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM . Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CEU CREDITS Abington – Jefferson Health Nursing Education is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Pennsylvania State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. 7.0 continuing education credits can be earned by attendance at this event.