Free Continuing Medical Education Symposium
Gitlin Primary Care Update
Friday, October 4, 2019
Abington Hospital – Jefferson Health
Frobese Conference Center • Zaslow Auditorium
1200 Old York Rd,
Abington, PA 19001
Abington Hospital gratefully acknowledges the support of The Gitlin Family Foundation in the area of continuing medical education and primary care medicine.
There is no registration fee to attend this program, however a limited number of seats are available so early registration is encouraged. We ask that you notify us before October 1, 2019 if you need to cancel your registration. For more information, please call 215-481-2738 or email Shawn Ralston.
This program is intended to present an update on a wide array of primary care topics. The faculty will present concise, evidence-based lectures with time to address questions.
Upon completion of this session, the participant shall be able to:
- Review new diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to disorders of the cervical and lumbar spine.
- Describe the impact of new medications for type 2 diabetes and their impact on cardiovascular and renal disorders.
- Describe the PIAA Return to Play rules for student athletes with infectious skin conditions.
- Review the 2019 updates from the ACIP for immunizations.
- Discuss how to manage a patient in a primary care practice who is approaching the need for a renal transplant.
This program, presented by Abington – Jefferson Health, is intended for primary care physicians, residents, nurses, nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
The Abington Health is accredited by the Pennsylvania Medical Society to provide Continuing Medical Education for physicians.
Conflict of Interest Disclosure Policy
Faculty and all others who have the ability to control the content of the continuing medical education sponsored by Abington Health are expected to disclose to the audience whether they do or do not have any real or apparent conflict(s) of interest or other relationships related to the content of their presentation(s).
Credit Designation Statement
Abington Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.