Dental Conference 2016
Friday, October 28, 2016 • 8 to 11 a.m.
Abington Hospital – Jefferson Health
Frobese Conference Center • Zaslow Auditorium
1200 Old York Road • Abington, PA 19001
The Montgomery Bucks Dental Society, in coordination with the Pennsylvania Dental Association (PDA), is proud to sponsor a continuing education course; Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting for Dental Professionals.
PDA's in-person program, Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting for Dental Professionals, is approved by DHS and the PA State Board of Dentistry and will fulfill Act 31 mandatory CE requirements for licensed dental professionals (dentists, hygienists and EFDAs). PDA’s program is custom designed for dental professionals and offers two CE credits that can be applied toward the hours you need to renew your dental license.
This program, presented by Pennsylvania Dental Association, is intended for dentists, hygienists and EFDAs. This course also is appropriate for any non-licensed dental team member.
Upon completion of the course, the participant will:
- Understand categories of child abuse as defined by the Child Protective Services Law.
- Recognize universal child abuse indicators.
- Recognize clinical and intraoral pathologies of physical and sexual abuse.
- Understand the legal responsibilities as mandated reporters.
- Know when, how and where to report suspected abuse, and what happens after a report is made.
- Understand the protections for reporters and penalties for failure to report.
|MBDS Member Dentist
|Hygienists, EFDAs & office personnel employed by a MBDS member dentist
|Non - MBDS member dentist and staff
|Non - ADA member dentist and staff
1. Complete Registration Form
2. Mail completed registration form to:
Chesheim Dental Associates
716 Bethlehem Pike
Erdenheim, PA 19038
Attention: Angela Stout, DMD
3. Make check payable to: Montgomery Bucks Dental Society
Due to the limited number of seats available, registration preference will be given to MBDS members until Thursday, September 1, 2016.
Registration deadline: Saturday, October 15, 2016.
For more information, please call 215-233-0206.