Health Care During the Pandemic: Keeping Our Patients Safe
You likely have questions about whether or not it is safe for you to enter our healthcare facilities for surgery, a procedure, test or other service. At Abington – Jefferson Health, we have implemented a number of safety measures and precautions to keep you and your loved ones safe.
- All employees and physicians are equipped with masks
- All patients and visitors are required to wear masks
- Masks will be provided to patients or visitors who don’t have one
- All patients coming in for surgeries or procedures are tested for COVID-19
- All patients staying overnight in the hospital are tested for COVID-19
Encourage Social Distancing
- Seating in lobbies and waiting rooms is reconfigured in accordance with CDC guidelines for social distancing of at least 6 ft. apart
- Elevator capacity is limited to three people
- Hand sanitizer is available to everyone at all locations
- Handwashing is encouraged
- In a pandemic, cleanliness is everyone’s job. Our dedicated Environmental Services team has been working around-the-clock to meet standards for cleanliness. Receptionists, registrars, technicians and many others are also cleaning high touch areas between patients in an effort to prevent the spread of infection.
Shifting Routine Office Visits to Online Visits
- You can schedule your next doctor’s appointment as a virtual appointment through JeffConnect on your cell phone, tablet or computer
- JeffConnect is available for primary or specialty care appointments where physical exams are not needed
Ensuring that our visitation policies reflect the safest and most welcoming environment possible amidst the challenge of COVID-19 is a top priority.