Setting Up a Free, Personal Website on CaringBridge for Patients
Setting up a site for yourself or a loved one is easy. Go to http://www.caringbridge.org/createwebsite and follow the easy directions.
A convenient way for family, friends and co-workers to stay connected, these personal patient websites are private, and visitors must know the specific and unique site name to access the page. Site authors can choose additional layers of privacy and security for their sites.
These personal sites are:
- Always free
- Patient focused - containing no ads or banners
- Available to anyone - all ages, all types of health situations
- No HIPAA restrictions or regulations
- Available in English and Spanish languages
- Online and phone customer service available
- Very easy and simple to create
- Takes only five to ten minutes to create your site
- Online tutorial available
- Sites are private and not searchable on Internet search engines
- Visitors must know the specific and unique site name
- Site authors can choose additional layers of privacy and security for their sites
- Friends and loved ones can check in on caregiver and patient 24/7
- Tangible support from a large number of people
- Allows patient and caregiver to remain part of a community
More than 20 million families from around the world are using CaringBridge to stay connected.