Frequency of Visits
During the course of your pregnancy, you should meet every physician prior to your delivery. Except for any emergencies or complications experienced throughout the pregnancy, you will be seen:
- Once every four weeks until 30 weeks
- Once every two weeks between 30 and 36 weeks
- Once a week from 37 weeks on
- An internal exam is performed at your first prenatal visit
- A vaginal & rectal culture will be performed at 35-36 weeks
- Another internal exam will be performed at 38 weeks onward to see if you have dilated.
Of course, if there are any problems during the pregnancy, additional internal exams may be necessary.