Hernia Repair Program at Abington – Lansdale Hospital
Minimally Invasive Hernia Surgery /
Fast Return to Normal Activity
Experts at Abington – Lansdale Hospital have extensive experience in repairing hernias. Our advanced surgical techniques are customized to each individual, based on their hernia type, age and physical condition and most patients return home the same day as their procedure.
The hernia repair program at Abington – Lansdale Hospital offers:
- Outpatient ambulatory surgery
- Sedation and local anesthesia rather than general anesthesia
- Fast, safe resumption of normal activities
- Quick return to work
- Rapid return to sports and recreational activities
- Most insurance coverages accepted
Our surgeons offer a variety of minimally invasive surgical techniques utilizing the latest methods and products. Some hernia repairs require a mesh product that is individually selected to match the precise size, shape and configuration for each patient. This selection process is the foundation for our approach. We have specialized in hernia repairs for over 25 years. Our expertise in both routine and complex hernia surgery assures that all our patients receive the most satisfactory, safe and effective repair.
- Inguinal, femoral, umbilical, epigastric and many simple and complex incisional hernias are performed as outpatient procedures.
- For most hernia repairs, surgeons use a mini-incision “open” technique, using mild sedation and local anesthesia.
Why Should I Choose a Hernia Specialist?
Research shows that hernias differ significantly from patient to patient, and the type of surgery should be specifically tailored to the individual.
Our surgeons specialize in hernia surgery and repair hundreds of hernias annually. Our experts evaluate each individual and customize the proper method and technique best suited for them and their particular hernia. We offer a variety of repair methods so that patients receive the safest and most effective repair.
For more information, contact us at 215-368-1122.