Tuscany Tomato Soup
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 cups chopped onions
1 cup chopped carrots
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tablespoons dried dill
1/2 teaspoon sugar
2 (28 oz) cans Italian-style tomatoes
3 1/4 cups low-fat, low-sodium chicken stock
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Heat olive oil in a heavy 5 quart casserole with lid. Add onions and cook until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, garlic, parsley, dill and sugar. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and stock, mix well. Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Purée mixture using a blender, processor or immersion blender then return soup to casserole and adjust seasonings.
- To serve, ladle soup into 6 serving bowls. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley.
Per serving (1 1/2 cups)
Total calories 143
Fat 6 g
Saturated fat 2 g
Cholesterol 3 mg
Protein 6 g
Carbohydrates 19 g
Sodium 750 mg
Fiber 5 g