12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
1/2 cup dry sherry or unsweetened apple juice
1 medium onion, finely chopped
8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 zucchini, coarsely grated (about 4 cups)
2 red or green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
2 (10 oz) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
15 oz light ricotta cheese
1 cup non-fat cottage cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
8 oz low-sodium tomato sauce
1 cup shredded low-moisture, part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 425°. Spray 13" x 9" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook lasagna noodles as directed on package. Drain and keep warm.
- Bring sherry to a boil in a large non-stick skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook three minutes, stirring frequently. Add mushrooms, zucchini and bell peppers and cook five minutes, stirring occasionally. Add spinach, basil and oregano and cook two minutes. Remove from heat; drain well.
- In medium bowl, combine ricotta, cottage and parmesan cheeses. Mix until well blended.
- Place three cooked lasagna noodles in the bottom of a sauce-coated dish. Top with 1/3 of cheese mixture and 1/3 of vegetable mixture. Repeat layering 2 more times. Top with remaining 3 lasagna noodles, tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover dish tightly with spray-coated foil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly around edges. Remove foil and bake an additional five minutes or until top is light golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Total calories 382
Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 27 mg
Protein 23 g
Carbohydrate 52 g
Sodium 364 mg
Fiber 6 g
Alcohol 2 g