Fresh Green Bean and Shrimp Sizzle
1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1" lengths
2 tablespoons black bean ginger sauce
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons sherry
2 teaspoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, chopped
1 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Cilantro or flat parsley (garnish)
3 cups steamed rice
- Cook green beans in microwave or in a large pot of boiling water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain. Transfer green beans to a large bowl of ice water to stop cooking. Drain again, and pat dry. Green beans can be made one day ahead if wrapped in paper towels and placed in plastic bags in the refrigerator.
- Combine black bean sauce, hot sauce, hoisin, sherry and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat sesame oil and canola oil in wok or skillet. Add onion, garlic, ginger and stir/sizzle until fragrant. Remove half of mixture and set aside. Add beans and stir/sizzle for one minute then remove the beans.
- Add remaining garlic/oil mixture and heat for 30 seconds. Add shrimp and black bean sauce mixture, and toss until shrimp turns pink and curls.
- Add beans and sesame seeds, toss and transfer to platter. Garnish and serve immediately with steamed rice.
Total calories 295
Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 95 mg
Protein 15 g
Sodium 561 mg
Calcium 87 mg
Fiber 3 g