Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
1 1/4 cups + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
1 tablespoon light butter or Benecol
1 tablespoon egg white
1 1/4 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 16 crackers)
Vegetable cooking spray
3 tablespoons dark rum
3 (1 oz) squares semisweet chocolate
1/4 cup chocolate syrup
8 ounce package nonfat cream cheese, softened
8 ounce package Neufchatel cheese, softened
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa, divided
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
Chocolate curls or leaves, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly coat an 8" spring form pan with cooking spray.
- Place 1/4 cup sugar, butter and egg white in a bowl; beat at medium speed until blended. Add crumbs and stir well. Firmly press mixture into bottom and one inch up the sides of prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine rum and chocolate squares in the top of a double boiler. Cook over simmering water for two minutes or until chocolate melts, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, add chocolate syrup, stir until smooth. Reduce oven to 300°.
- Place softened cheeses in a large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed until smooth. Add 1 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, vanilla and salt; beat until smooth. Add rum/chocolate mixture; beat at low speed until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time; beat well after each addition.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake at 300° for 40 minutes or until almost set. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, one tablespoon of sugar and 2 tablespoons cocoa; stir well.
- Spread mixture over cheesecake. Turn oven off, and let cheesecake stand for 45 minutes in oven with door closed.
- Remove cheesecake from oven, and cool to room temperature. Cover and chill for at least 8 hours. If desired, garnish with chocolate curls or leaves.
Total calories 443
Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 75 mg
Protein 12 g
Carbohydrates 70 g
Sodium 517 mg
Fiber 2.5 g