1 tablespoon olive oil
2 medium-sized red-skinned potatoes (about 9 oz) washed, sliced crosswise into 1/8" thick rounds
1 medium red onion, halved, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper cut into 1/3"-wide strips
1 yellow bell pepper cut into 1/3"-wide strips
1 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon salt
16 oz egg substitute (equivalent to 8 eggs)
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350°.Spray a 10-12" round baking dish. Heat oil in a 12" nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add potatoes, onion, bell peppers, marjoram, rosemary, and salt. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally - about 15 minutes.
- Cool mixture in a skillet for 5 minutes. (Can be prepared ahead).
- Let stand at room temperature.
- Whisk eggs, dill, basil, and pepper in large bowl to blend.
- Reserve several potato slices and bell pepper strips for garnish. Stir remaining vegetable mixture into egg mixture.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish. Arrange reserved vegetables on top in an attractive pattern. Sprinkle crumbled goat cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until set. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Total calories 166
Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 7 mg
Sodium 377 mg
Carbohydrate 15 g
Protein 13 g
Fiber 2.5 g
Calcium 53 mg