Mango Glazed Bacon
Yield 18 slices
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup red wine vinegar
1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
3/4 lb thick sliced turkey bacon
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place sugar and vinegar in a small saucepan and cook over high heat until the sugar is melted and the mixture has reduced by half.
- Add the mango and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor or a blender stick and process until smooth.
- Strain the sauce into a bowl.
- Place the bacon on a rack in a foil-lined baking sheet and, using a pastry brush, brush both sides with some of the glaze, bake until just crisp, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Can be made a day ahead. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Total calories 65
Fat 2 g (37%)
Carbohydrates 7 g (50%)
Sodium 184 mg
Cholesterol 14 mg
Protein 3 g (13%)
Fiber 0.5 g
Calcium 3 mg