Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. A Matter of Balance is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels.
This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- View falls as controllable
- Set goals for increasing activity
- Make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- Exercise to increase strength and balance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Anyone concerned about falls
- Anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- Anyone who has fallen in the past
- Anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
Please be aware that there are two A Matter of Balance programs at Lansdale Hospital. The first set of classes are in Classrooms C & D and the second set of classes are in the Founder's Training Room. Both sessions occur from 10am-12pm and they both occur on the same dates. If you are unsure which room you are in please contact Community Health Services at 215-481-2204.