Abington Jefferson Health proudly offers an opportunity for expectant parents to attend an important class, Baby Basics with Our Pediatrician.
All new parents have many questions. One of our Pediatricians will discuss the following topics in this class:
- Hearing screenings after birth- when are they offered and what do they tell us?
- Congenital Cardiac Screenings- is my baby at risk for something this screening could detect?
- What can new parents expect after delivery from the Pediatrician? What happens in the hospital and after your new family goes home?
- Should my baby receive the Hepatitis B vaccination after birth?
- Does my baby need to have antibiotic ointment and a vitamin K shot after birth?
- What is jaundice and should we be concerned about it?
- What is the State and Supplemental Screening?
- Common questions about selecting a Pediatric Care Provider for your child.
- Illness and Safety concerns with a newborn.
- Safe Sleeping and Common concerns of New Parents
- Vaccination questions- who should be vaccinated?
- What if my baby needs other services?
And much more is discussed. After topics are covered in a Power Point guided class, we welcome your questions on any topic or concerns you may have during our open forum question and answer session.
Grandparents have questions,too. Please note on your registration if grandparents plan to join us.
These classes are offered several times a year and are highly recommended to all expectant parents.