Abington Jefferson Health proudly offers a live webinar opportunity for expectant parents to attend an important class, Baby Basics with Our Pediatrician.
All new parents have many questions. One of our Childbirth Educators and Dr. Shapiro, Chairman, Department of Pediatrics Abington Hospital – Jefferson Health, will discuss the following topics in this class:
- Choosing a pediatric care provider for my newborn
- Newborn feeding options: making the choice that is best for your family
- Breastfeeding support at Abington – Jefferson Health
- Hearing screenings after birth - when are they offered and what do they tell us?
- Congenital Cardiac Screenings- is my baby at risk for something this screening could detect?
- What can new parents expect after delivery from the Pediatrician? What happens in the hospital and after your new family goes home?
- The Hepatitis B vaccination after birth
- Why does my newborn receive an antibiotic eye ointment and a vitamin K shot after birth?
- What is jaundice and should we be concerned about it?
- What is the State and Supplemental Screening?
- Common questions about selecting a Pediatric Care Provider for your child.
- Common illness and safety concerns with a newborn.
- Safe Sleep for newborns
- Vaccination questions
- What if my baby needs other services?
After topics are covered in a Power Point guided webinar, we welcome your questions on any topic or concerns you may have during our open forum question and answer session with the chat option.