Family Medicine Center
Our Family Medicine Center opened in 2005 and is just 1.5 miles south of Abington Memorial Hospital on Old York Road. The 8,500 sq. ft center houses 15 exam rooms (including a large procedure room), faculty offices, the business office, residency office, kitchen area, conference/meeting room, and a spacious precepting educational room where each resident has their own desk. Procedures performed at our center include colposcopy, endometrial biopsy, injection of joints, tendon sheaths and bursa, cryotherapy, dermatologic surgery and osteopathic manipulation. The practice has an electronic medical record system.
There is a full-time psychologist and social worker. The center office qualifies as a Patient Centered Medical Home. Resident/faculty teams are involved in ongoing performance improvement projects.
The following monthly specialty clinics are supervised by Abington Family Medicine faculty:
- OMM: Meera Shah, D.O. and William Callahan, D.O.
- Outpatient Surgery: Mathew M. Clark, M.D.
- Sports Medicine: Susan Fidler, M.D.
- Women's Health: Amy L. Clouse, M.D.
- Home Visits: various AFM physicians
- Weight Management: Nathan Lent
- Acupuncture: Mike Gravely