1245 Highland Avenue
Abington, PA 19001
For more information, please contact:
Moira Choy, Clerkship Coordinator
- 28 faculty members in the Department of General Surgery including supporting faculty from Vascular, Colorectal, Bariatric, Surgical Oncology and Trauma services.
- A broad subspecialty faculty from Orthopedic Surgery, Otolaryngology, Neurosurgery, Urology and Plastic Surgery
- ACGME accredited residency program of 29 JHA residents
3rd Year Clerkship
First Day of Rotation
- Jefferson: 2-3 per 6 week block
- PCOM: 1 per 4 week block
- Jefferson: 6 weeks surgery
- PCOM: 4 weeks surgery
- School and student specific
- Inclusion at core resident lectures delivered during protected time
- Wednesdays: 7 a.m. to 8 a.m.
- Thursdays: 7 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Optional lecture offerings include: Medical Grand Rounds, Schwartz Rounds, Vascular Conference, and Trauma Conference
- Call and Weekends
- Required only for sub-internship. This is optional for 3rd year clerkship.
4th Year Sub-Internship
- One student per 4 week block, arranged individually with the Department of Surgery
4th Year Electives
- Advanced sub-specialty clinical experience is available. Contact the Department of Surgery for availability and assignment
Physician Assistant Student
- 1 Jefferson East Falls 2nd year student for 4-week rotation in General Surgery
- 1 Jefferson Center City student for a 4-week rotation in General Surgery
- Structure and lectures are generally the same as for 3rd year medical students.