About Abington – Jefferson Health
Abington – Jefferson Health is the organization that encompasses Abington Hospital in Abington, PA and Abington – Lansdale Hospital in Hatfield Township, PA, as well as a number of convenient outpatient settings for obtaining expert medical care in Bucks, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties.
Since 2015, the organization has been part of Jefferson Health, which now includes 14 hospitals and more than 40 outpatient and Urgent Care Center locations located throughout Philadelphia, Bucks and Montgomery counties in Pennsylvania and Camden and Gloucester counties in New Jersey. Outpatient and community-based services are delivered through a network of owned and affiliated physician practices, satellite medical and surgical centers, outpatient laboratories and radiology centers. Together, Jefferson Health has 126,000 inpatient admissions; 499,000 Emergency Department visits, and four million outpatient visits annually.
Abington – Jefferson Health entities include the following:
- Two hospitals: Together, Abington Hospital and Abington – Lansdale Hospital have 800 licensed beds. In fiscal year 2020, the hospitals had 35,000 total admissions.
- Outpatient Cancer Center – Asplundh Cancer Pavilion in Willow Grove
- Seven outpatient campuses: Abington Jefferson Health – Blue Bell, Abington Jefferson Health – Elkins Park, Abington Jefferson Health – Horsham, Abington Jefferson Health – Lower Gwynedd, Abington Jefferson Health – Montgomeryville, Abington Jefferson Health – Warminster and Abington Jefferson Health – Willow Grove.
- Physicians – Employed Physician practices located in Bucks, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties with 80 locations.
- In fiscal year 2020 there were 582,000 outpatient visits across all Abington – Jefferson Health locations.
Abington Hospital, founded in 1914, is the largest community teaching hospital in Montgomery and Bucks counties. Staff members have the privilege of working with medical students, residents and fellows from Thomas Jefferson University's Sidney Kimmel Medical College and other medical schools and training programs in the Philadelphia area. The hospital sponsors five residency programs of its own: family medicine, internal medicine, obstetrics/gynecology, general surgery and dentistry. In addition, the hospital provides postgraduate medical education in affiliation with several area medical schools. Jefferson College of Nursing offers a second Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program at the Abington – Dixon Campus in Willow Grove. Abington also supports a pharmacy residency program.
In fiscal year 2020, Abington – Jefferson Health treated approximately 110,000 patients in its two Emergency Departments with Abington Hospital having the distinction of having one of only two Level II trauma centers in Montgomery County. Abington Hospital – Jefferson Health has a comprehensive stroke center and offers highly advanced programs in cancer, cardiac and orthopedic care. Abington – Jefferson Health complies with all applicable anti-discrimination laws.
For detailed information about Jefferson, please access this link.