Please keep the following guidelines in mind when planning your event.
Here’s how Abington – Jefferson Health will help make your fundraiser a success
- More information about the clinical area of interest chosen as the beneficiary of your fundraising effort.
- Volunteer and Event Toolkit and guidance in accepted use of Abington – Jefferson Health’s name and/or logo in promotional materials for your event (see below).
- Event listing on Abington Health Foundation’s giving portal and website.
- Gift receipts for all contributions made directly to Abington Health Foundation via check or online.
Assistance that will not be provided
- Staff support for event coordination.
- Recruitment of event sponsors/participants.
- Mailing lists of donors, alumni, vendors, employees or volunteers.
- Financial support to cover event expenses.
- Obtain permits or insurance coverage.
- Official receipts for donations NOT payable to Abington Health Foundation.
Requirements for Marketing/Promotional Materials
Abington – Jefferson Health must review and approve all publicity and/or promotional material containing the Abington – Jefferson Health name or logo or the name or logo of its affiliates before these materials are printed, emailed, posted or released to the public in any way. Please email materials for review to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abington – Jefferson Health disclaims any and all liability and responsibility of any nature associated directly or indirectly with your event/project, including, without limitation, property damage and personal injury.
Tax Deductibility & Receipting
An individual/organization making a donation payable to and received by Abington Health Foundation will be sent an official receipt for tax purposes outlining the tax-deductible portion of the donation. The name appearing on the check received by Abington, or donation made online, will be receipted for any gifts.
If goods or services are received in return for charitable donations (auction purchases, beverages, meals, tickets, etc.), you must determine and communicate the fair market value of those goods or services to individuals before they make a donation. The value of goods or services will be deducted from the total donation amount to determine the tax-deductible portion of the donation.
All proceeds from your event/promotion should be received by Abington Health Foundation within 30 days. Gifts made via check should be payable to “Abington Health Foundation (AHF).” Although a pre-addressed and pre-stamped envelope will be provided, additional checks should be mailed to:
Abington Health Foundation
Attn: Community Fundraising
1200 Old York Road
Abington, PA 19001
Please complete and include the provided remittance form that states the event name and/or the area within Abington that the donations support. If individuals are mailing checks directly to Abington Health Foundation, please include the event name in the memo of the check so the donations may be directed appropriately. If you have questions about these guidelines or need more information, please contact 215-955-0977 or email@example.com.