Equal Employment Opportunity
The purpose of this policy is to reaffirm Abington Health’s position regarding nondiscrimination in employment and to support the intent, as well as the written word, regarding applicable Federal, State and Local laws and regulations.
It is the policy of Abington Health to provide equal employment opportunities in any term, condition or privilege of employment to all employees and potential employees through a positive and continuing program which prohibits discrimination in employment because of race, creed, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, results of genetic testing or handicap, provided they are qualified and meet the physical requirements established for the position.
- Employment opportunities are and shall be open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their experience, abilities, and/or education and training.
- Advancement is and shall be based entirely on the individual's achievement, performance, ability, attitude and potential for promotion.
- All advertising of positions shall include the statement, "An Equal Opportunity Employer or EOE."
- The Human Resources Department has been assigned the responsibility of ensuring that all phases of Human Resources administration are in compliance with this policy.
- The responsibility for administering and complying with this policy has been delegated to department directors and their supervisory staff with respect to employees within their jurisdiction.
B. Scope of Employment Relationship:
The Hospital's policy of nondiscrimination must prevail throughout every aspect of the employment relationship, including but not limited to:
||Training & Development
||Reduction in Force
||Reward & Recognition