Diversity Summer Co-Op Program
The Diversity Summer Co-Op program allows college students to gain work experience in non-clinical roles in healthcare. Students work (up to 20 hours per week) in various departments throughout the hospital to gain a first- hand understanding of the many disciplines required to operate a hospital. Co-ops participate in weekly presentations to learn more about the hospital and the healthcare field. Additional topics include resume writing & interviewing; the value of hospital volunteers; allied health careers; creating & delivering effective presentations and professional development.
- Applicants should have completed their sophomore year in a four year accredited college/university or two year community college. Graduating seniors will be accepted if they have been accepted into graduate or professional school for the fall semester immediately following the summer co-op program.
- Applicants may be enrolled in any course of study including but not limited to HR; IT; Finance; Communications; Health Administration; Nutrition; Public Relations/Marketing; Business Services; Speech Pathology; etc.
- Applicants must be available to work 8 consecutive weeks during the summer (including mandatory Wednesday Lunch –N-Learns; Final Presentation and Mission/Service Project).
- Applicants must complete an Abington – Jefferson Health application on-line and meet all requirements for hiring including passing a background check and pre-employment physical.
- Applicants must attend New Employee Orientation and comply with all Abington – Jefferson Health policies & procedures and uphold Abington’s standards.
- Students are required to have their own housing and transportation.
How to Apply
- Interested students should apply online (link and ID # above)
- Applications will be accepted December 15, 2018 through February 4, 2019
- Students may be invited for an initial interview by video. Follow up interviews with department managers may be conducted face-to-face with local students or by telephone for students attending school outside of the area.
- Offers will be extended the beginning of May
- Preference will be given to students attending college locally or who are from the Greater Philadelphia area attending college outside of the region
Please contact Heather Samuels, HR Business Partner with any questions.