The Wound Healing Centers offer patients and physicians ongoing access to a certified ostomy nurse specialist. We strive to provide patients with acute and long-term assistance with their ostomy needs to encourage independence.
Our Certified Wound Ostomy Continence Nurses provide treatment recommendations and counseling to help make the situation easier. For convenience, patients are able to access this care at two locations:
- Abington Health Center - Warminster
- Lansdale Hospital
Our expert clinicians are able to work with patients before surgery by providing pre-operative consultations for stoma siting and after surgery to help with pouching strategies.
- Specifically, we provide the following services:
- Pre-operative and post-operative self-management knowledge and skills
- Stoma site marking
- Counseling, education and care for tubes and fistulae
- Assistance with product selection
- Information about lifestyle, diet and clothing
- Treatment recommendations for pouch leaking, skin irritation and parastomal hernias