Cancer is a significant women’s health concern. This year, more than 790,000 U.S. women will be diagnosed with all types of cancer.
The Abington Rosenfeld Cancer Center – Jefferson Health provides comprehensive and personalized treatments for all cancers. We are proud of our expertise in cancers that chiefly or only affect women:
- Breast cancer
- Gynecologic cancer
- uterine (endometrial) cancer
- ovarian cancer
- fallopian tube cancer
- cervical cancer
- vaginal cancer
- vulvar cancer
- Thyroid cancer (77% of those diagnosed are women)
We are known for offering outstanding and compassionate women’s cancer care:
- Our breast cancer services were recognized with full accreditation for the highest level of quality breast care from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers. This achievement was won after a rigorous evaluation by the American College of Surgeons.
- We offer the finest breast cancer evaluation and testing as well as a “fast-track” program—so women don’t have to wait long for a diagnosis—at our Mary T. Sachs Breast Center. Our facility was named a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology.
- The experts in our Hanjani Institute for Gynecologic Oncology at The Rosenfeld Cancer Center have specialized training in leading-edge treatments for cancers of the female reproductive tract. The Institute has a high ranking in the Gynecologic Oncology Group and currently participates in an average of 40 clinical trials and research studies.
- We are a Blue Distinction Center for Complex and Rare Cancers®, named for our demonstrated experience in treating such cancers, including thyroid cancer.
Learn more about all cancer care at The Rosenfeld Cancer Center.