Cancer is a significant women’s health concern. This year, more than 790,000 U.S. women will be diagnosed with all types of cancer.
The Rosenfeld Cancer Center at Abington Memorial Hospital provides comprehensive and personalized treatments for all cancers. We are proud of our expertise in cancers that chiefly or only affect women:
- Breast cancer
- Gynecologic cancer
- uterine (endometrial) cancer
- ovarian cancer
- fallopian tube cancer
- cervical cancer
- vaginal cancer
- vulvar cancer
- Thyroid cancer (77% of those diagnosed are women)
We are known for offering outstanding and compassionate women’s cancer care:
- Our breast cancer services were recognized with full accreditation for the highest level of quality breast care from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers. This achievement was won after a rigorous evaluation by the American College of Surgeons.
- We offer the finest breast cancer evaluation and testing as well as a “fast-track” program—so women don’t have to wait long for a diagnosis—at our Mary T. Sachs Breast Center. Our facility was named a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology.
- The experts in our Hanjani Institute for Gynecologic Oncology at The Rosenfeld Cancer Center have specialized training in leading-edge treatments for cancers of the female reproductive tract. The Institute has a high ranking in the Gynecologic Oncology Group and currently participates in an average of 40 clinical trials and research studies.
- We are a Blue Distinction Center for Complex and Rare Cancers®, named for our demonstrated experience in treating such cancers, including thyroid cancer.
Learn more about all cancer care at The Rosenfeld Cancer Center.