Guide for the Abington Hospital – Jefferson Health Surgical Family
We know that surgery can be a very stressful time for family and friends, too, and the time spent waiting to hear of your loved one’s progress can seem endless. To keep you more informed of your loved one’s progress through surgery, the waiting rooms in all surgical units across Abington – Jefferson Health now feature color coded display boards. Each patient is assigned a number, which is kept confidential, and given to their family member on a special card. The color coded displayed board reflects his or her exact location during phases of care:
- Green - Outpatient Procedure Suite (pre-op)
- Pink - Operating Room
- Purple - Recovery Room
- Blue – Outpatient Procedure Suite (post-op)
After the procedure, the surgeon will meet with the family member in the consultation room to update you on your loved one’s progress.
Family Lounge Amenities
At Abington Hospital:
- Vending machines, a refrigerator and a microwave are located behind the reception desk.
- An area for television viewing is located near the entrance to the Zipley Garage.
- Non-valuable items and coats may be kept in a storage area near the restroom.
- Wi-fi is available in the lounge. Information is located at the reception desk.
- The Lenfest Pavilion Grille (cafeteria) is located directly below the Family Lounge, on the ground floor of the Lenfest Pavilion.
- The Fountain Gift Shop is located directly below the Family Lounge, on the ground floor of the Lenfest Pavilion.
- An ATM machine is located near the elevators on the ground floor of the Lenfest Pavilion.
- If you have any questions, staff members will gladly assist you.
At Abington – Lansdale Hospital
- Vending machines
- An area for television viewing
- Wi-fi is available in the hospital
- Internet café
- The Gift Shop is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. The shop has grab-and-go snacks, coffee, cold drinks, as well as selected gift items, jewelry, greeting cards, balloons and flowers.