Advanced Gastrointestinal Surgery
Shorday Center for Advanced Gastrointestinal Surgery
The Shorday Center for Advanced Gastrointestinal Surgery is an innovative multidisciplinary center that emphasizes minimally invasive approaches to traditional surgery whenever possible for the diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal ailments and disorders. Excellent outcomes, quicker recovery, less pain and fewer side effects are core priorities of the program. By using a coordinated team of well-trained, skilled, and experienced surgeons, nurse navigators and support staff, we provide patients with exceptional care at Abington Memorial Hospital.
We are experienced and use the latest technologies for treating the following conditions:
- Colon Cancer
- Diaphragm (hiatal) Hernias
- Esophageal Tumors and Cancer
- Gallbladder and Bile Duct Cancer
- Gastric (stomach) Cancer
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Liver Tumors
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Rectal cancer
- Spleen Disorders
Our program offers a nurse navigator who will provide one-on-one personalized patient care through their course of treatment.
How does the Center of Advanced Gastrointestinal Surgery work?
- Your provider or gastroenterologist provides a referral for a consultation.
- It takes just one call, 215-481-2247 to reach our nurse navigator who will help schedule your appointment and assure a seamless and positive experience.
- We are committed to scheduling patients within one business day and providing a ‘fast track’ for patients in need of services. We will promptly communicate all findings to referring providers.