Outpatient Geropsychiatry Program
Seniors may experience emotional health problems such as depression, anxiety, fear or other behavioral health concerns due to life changes, losses or illnesses. Our geriatric psychiatry specialists are experts in helping older patients.
Patients can gain relief of symptoms and improvement in the quality of their lives through the therapies, counseling and programs we offer. Services are available as inpatient, outpatient, day (partial hospital) or crisis intervention treatment. Ongoing communication is maintained with primary care physicians to ensure continuity of care.
Program Services and Goals
Older adults benefit from these outpatient services, as appropriate to their care:
- Comprehensive individual assessment
- Psychiatric supervision and medication management
- Group therapy
- Individualized case management
- Psychoeducational groups
- Stress management groups
- Social skills enhancement
- Recreation therapy
- Art and music therapy
- Family counseling
Our geropsychiatric program is designed to:
- Provide comprehensive medical and psychiatric assessment and diagnostic services
- Treat acute psychiatric illness in older adults in a sensitive, caring manner
- Help patients regain and maintain their highest level of functioning by emphasizing healthy coping skills
- Provide intensive structured programing that may prevent the need for hospitalization
- Keep open communication with treating physician and psychiatrist
- Assist patients and their families in identifying and obtaining necessary financial, social and medical resources
Our team includes board-certified geriatric psychiatrists, geriatric clinical nurse specialists, geriatric nurse practitioner, geriatric social worker, psychiatric nurses, internist and creative arts therapists.
Call 215-481-3133 for more information on outpatient services.
For 24-hour crisis intervention, call 215-481-2525.