The Second Annual
Forging Partnerships in the Continuum of Care
Thursday, March 2, 2017 • Abington Hospital - Jefferson Health
Frobese Conference Center - Zaslow Auditorium
1200 Old York Rd • Abington, PA 19001
This program is intended as an educational session that will address a wide array of post-acute initiatives in caring for patients. The faculty will present concise, evidence-based lectures with time to address questions.
Upon completion of this session, the participant shall be able to:
- Describe interventions and follow up care of the COPD and CABG patient in a post-acute setting.
- Review techniques for coordination of medication reconciliation between inpatient and post-acute settings.
- Discuss ways that inpatient therapy and post-acute therapy programs can communicate and collaborate in the handover of patients to optimize rehabilitation.
- Summarize current practices to optimize mental health for patients in post-acute settings.
- Identify importance of Advanced Care Planning and techniques to initiate palliative and hospice conversations in the post-acute setting.
This program presented by Abington - Jefferson Health is intended for those leaders in skilled nursing, assisted living, long term care and inpatient rehabilitation facilities: administrators, directors of nursing, assistant directors of nursing, medical social workers, and rehabilitation therapists.
Abington Health is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by PA State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This continuing nursing education activity was approved by Abington Hospital for maximum of 7 CEUs available for:
- Nursing home administrators
- Social workers
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy (pending)