Intensive Outpatient Program
The Creekwood Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) is a short-term behavioral health treatment program for adults. The IOP provides more therapeutic support than traditional psychiatric outpatient treatment. The program operates Monday through Friday with clients attending half-day sessions, two to three days per week.
The IOP uses a multidisciplinary treatment team composed of psychiatrists, social workers and case managers experienced in evaluation and treatment of behavioral health problems.
- Support/education for coping with major life changes.
- Develop self-management skills for the newly diagnosed client.
- Transition from inpatient/partial hospitalization by providing further stabilization.
- Provide linkage to community and other resources.
- Assist in regaining ability to resume everyday functioning.
- Solution-focused group therapy
- Psycho-educational groups
- Case management
- Psychiatric supervision and medication management
- Individualized treatment plan
- Ongoing assessment of treatment goals
- Family/support system contact
- Discharge planning
- Flexible attendance schedule
- Transportation and free parking
For more information about the Intensive Outpatient Program or to make a referral, please call 215-481-2247.
The Creekwood Center is located only 10 minutes north of Abington Memorial Hospital at the Abington Health Center – Schilling, one half mile from Route 611. Direct access to the center's parking lot is on Commerce Avenue.