Children’s Case Management Department
Abington Memorial Hospital's Children’s Blended Case Management Program is a service provided to school-aged children whose mental health disorder is affecting their ability to function appropriately in the home, school and/or community settings. Case Managers assist families in navigating the mental health system and accessing community services.
- To maintain at-risk children and adolescents in their home and avoid inappropriate psychiatric hospitalizations.
- To provide the appropriate services to ensure the child functions safely and productively in the home, school and community settings.
- To strengthen and stabilize the child and family unit by focusing on life management skills.
- To assist the child in achieving their personal goals as identified in their service plan (e.g. making positive peer relationships, finding a job, maintaining consistent school attendance) by linking him or her to valuable programs and activities.
- Services are typically provided within the family home and in other community settings.
- Goals are identified and a service plan is created to help achieve set goals.
- Case managers advocate and collaborate with other agencies and persons involved with the child and family (e.g. schools, Juvenile Probation, Office of Children and Youth, psychiatrists and therapists) to ensure that the most appropriate service is provided.
- The child is linked to community programs that promote socialization.
- Case managers assist the family in obtaining essential needs and services (i.e., food, clothing and housing.)
- Emergency on-call service is available 24 hours a day when an intervention is needed to prevent potentially dangerous situations after hours.
For more information about Children’s Case Management services or to make a referral, please call the children’s service case manager at 215-830-8966.
The Creekwood Center is located only 10 minutes north of Abington Memorial Hospital at Abington Health Center – Schilling, one half mile from Route 611. Direct access to the center's parking lot is on Commerce Avenue.