Symposium on Opioid Abuse
November 17, 2016 8 AM – 3 PM • Abington Hospital – Jefferson Health
Frobese Conference Center
1200 Old York Road • Abington, PA 19001
This program will bring together experts from the fields of addiction medicine, drug treatment counseling, Pennsylvania state programs, local and county law enforcement, and those in recovery to provide a comprehensive look at the issues, challenges, and possible solutions to this epidemic.
The intent is to inform and educate health professionals, and especially residents and students in training, on the use and abuse of opioid medications.
- Explain opioid addiction from a medical standpoint.
- Review the psychiatric aspects of addiction.
- Identify what state and local authorities are doing to mitigate the opioid epidemic.
- Identify what resources are currently available at Abington/Jefferson and locally for health care professionals, patients, caregivers, and those in recovery.
- Relate to the human aspects of addiction from those in recovery by hearing personal stories.
- Analyze practical recommendations from local experts on how to move forward as a hospital community in addressing the opioid epidemic.
Abington – Jefferson Health
Abington Dental Residency Program
Montgomery Bucks Dental Society
Abington Health is accredited by the Pennsylvania Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Conflict of Interest Disclosure Policy
Faculty and all others who have the ability to control the content of the continuing medical education sponsored by Abington Health are expected to disclose to the audience whether they do or do not have any real or apparent conflict(s) of interest or other relationships related to the content of their presentation(s).
Credit Designation Statement
Abington Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Abington Memorial Hospital is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by Pennsylvania State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
A maximum of 5 contact hours will be awarded to participants.