The Center for Parenting Education
Mission and Shared Beliefs
The mission of The Center for Parenting Education is to educate and support parents to raise their children in emotionally healthy ways so that their children can thrive personally, socially and academically.
Our programs, led by certified Parenting Educators, are lively and interactive and enable participants to share experiences and learn from each other. Parents are given opportunities to practice the skills they learn so that they will come away with information that they understand, remember and can apply in their everyday lives with their children. By emphasizing the importance of providing children with a balance of unconditional love as well as the need for setting firm and reasonable limits, the Parenting Center strives to empower parents with the skills necessary for raising responsible and caring children.
The Center for Parenting Education, a non-profit agency founded in 1997, provides programs at our location in Abington, PA and at other sites in the surrounding community as well as over the internet through on-demand programs and live online events.
Our Shared Beliefs
- Parenting is the most important job that people have. It is also one of the most difficult, challenging, rewarding and enriching of life’s experiences.
- We believe there are no perfect parents and no perfect children. Everybody is doing the best they can given the experiences they have had.
- We believe that each family is unique and deserves to be highly valued, respected and supported.
- We believe that it is never too late to make changes and improve relationships. Healthy parenting can be learned.
- We offer a preventative, proactive focus toward healthier parenting.
- We teach parents skills and information that current research indicates is most effective in creating an environment that produces resilient, confident, socially competent children.
- Building upon a family’s existing strengths, we help parents to become critical thinkers, intentional about their parenting decisions, and advocates for their families.
- All parents can benefit from parenting education and support programs which nurture and empower them in a safe atmosphere without blame or criticism.
Visit Classes and Events for information about our upcoming programs.
The Center for Parenting Education is a 501(C)3 designated non-profit organization. Much of the work conducted to ensure the on-going functioning of the organization is done on a volunteer basis by the Parenting Educators.