Neurovascular Laboratory & Procedures
Patients with neurocritical conditions such as stroke, brain aneurysm, brain bleed and arteriovenous malformation (AVM) receive the latest minimally invasive procedures in our interventional Neurovascular Laboratory.
This specialized lab, equipped with the best technology, enables our interventional neurologists, neurosurgeons and neuroradiologists to work quickly and precisely – especially when time matters most.
Latest Technology for Neurovascular Procedures
The advanced equipment in the Neurovascular Laboratory provides faster and more accurate imaging. This speeds procedures while reducing patients’ exposure to radiation and contrast dye.
- Biplane technology – Takes two images with just one exposure
- Digital process for quick imaging
- Real-time 3D image – Lets physicians analyze image from any angle, improves diagnosis and treatment
- 3D multimodality matching of preoperative scans – enhances visualization of MRIs and CTs
Treatments Conducted in Laboratory
Among the interventions and therapies performed:
- Intra-arterial thrombolytic (clot-busting) therapy with rT-PA – Extends stroke treatment window from three to eight hours
- Intravenous thrombolytic therapy
- Coil embolization, balloon-assisted or with stents
- Mechanical removal of intravascular blood clots
- Carotid artery and intracranial stent placement
- Particle or glue embolization
- Balloon test occlusion
- Diagnostic cerebral angiography
- Other tests and therapies for neurovascular disorders]
Glue Embolization and Inpatient Therapy Help Woman Regain Activity
See how our Neurovascular Laboratory's capabilities and the expertise of Abington Health specialists helped a woman with a brain bleed.
Read Georgia Slater’s Story