Central Scheduling for Outpatient Tests / Exams / Procedures
Central Scheduling (call center) provides patients and medical professionals with a single contact point for scheduling non-emergent outpatient medical procedures.
Monday through Thursday: 8 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Some general radiology procedures, such as x-rays of the chest, abdomen, spine, skull and extremities do not need to be scheduled, and patients can have these procedures performed on a walk-in basis at Abington Memorial Hospital, Lansdale Hospital, Abington Health Center – Schilling (in Willow Grove), Abington Health Center – Warminster, Abington Health Center – Blue Bell, and Levy Medical Plaza (in Abington).
**A physician script or written order signed by your physician with the name of the test(s) needed and a diagnosis related to the test being ordered is required. Please bring with you on the date of the exam.**
Listed below are the tests than can be scheduled through Central Scheduling (Please specify your preferred location and, if the test is offered at that site, we will do our best to accommodate your preference.)
Dexa scans (bone density)
MRI's (open & closed)
Nuclear Medicine (bone scans)
PET scan (schedule by calling 215-481-3377)
Cardiac stress testing
Pulmonary Function Tests
Cardiac Event Monitors
EKG's do not have to be scheduled, they can be done on a walk-in basis.
The following is needed when scheduling a test:
Patient’s name (correct spelling)
Clinical diagnosis or reason for each test
Current phone # of patient
Ordering physician’s full name
Ordering physician’s address / telephone number
Name of insurance company
Any special medical conditions: such as a cardiac pacemaker, diabetes
Current list of all medications
*Insurance preauthorization and/or referral number
Any special needs, such as language interpreter
- Many insurance companies require ‘preauthorization' when scheduling MRI, CT scans, Nuclear Medicine PET scans, and Interventional Radiology testing.
- If the test will cover multiple body parts, each body part may require a separate authorization number.
- The preauthorization number is obtained by the ordering physician and is required prior to calling Central Scheduling.
Please bring a complete list of your current medications on the day of testing.
Radiology Image Pick-up:
Please call us to give advance notice so that your images will be ready for pick-up. All requests for images will be placed on a CD and provided free of charge.
The hours of operation for image pick-up are:
- Abington Memorial Hospital: Call 215-481-2059
Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Lansdale Hospital: Call 215 361-4510 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Abington Health Center – Blue Bell: Call 215-481-2059
- Monday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Tuesday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Saturda, 8 a.m. to 12 noon
- Abington Health Center – Schilling: Call 215-481-6051
Blairwood Radiology – Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Abington Health Center – Warminster: Call 215-441-6615
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
All patients are required to present picture identification to pick up images, CD or report.
If someone other than the patient is picking up images/CD/reports, he/she must have a written, signed letter from the patient authorizing the individual to pick up images/CD/reports on their behalf. The person picking up images/CD/reports must have their name mentioned in the letter. He/she must present picture identification that matches the name mentioned in the letter.