Financial Assistance Program
Patient Service Center
1200 Old York Road
Abington, PA 19001
Important Information for Patients who are Uninsured or Underinsured
Abington Health is proud of its mission to provide quality medical care to all patients. That means ensuring that you and your family have access to health care no matter what your circumstances. The following information describes our generous financial assistance program for patients who are uninsured or experience gaps in their insurance plans. If you do not have health insurance and worry that you may not be able to pay for your care, we may be able to help.
This policy applies to patients served by:
What’s covered under the Financial Assistance Program?
All medically necessary services are eligible for financial assistance. Exceptions include in vitro fertilization services, cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery, and any other service not medically necessary. Co-pays, deductibles and/or coinsurance for patients who have medical coverage also are excluded from this assistance unless a hardship can be documented.
Do I qualify?
You may qualify for financial assistance if:
- You do not have insurance or your insurance does not cover the medical care needed (for example, you have used up your insurance benefits).
- You are not eligible for government or other insurance coverage.
- You are not eligible for Pennsylvania state medical assistance or other assistance programs.
- Your family income is less than 600% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL).
- You live in Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Delaware or you received emergency care and live in another state.
How much of a discount will I be eligible to receive?
Eligibility for financial assistance is based upon financial need.
- If your household income falls between 0% - 300% of the FPL, based on total household income, with sufficient supporting documentation provided, you will receive a 100% discount and owe nothing for the services received.
- Patients above the 300% threshold, up to a maximum of 600% of the FPL, are eligible for a sliding scale discount. These discounts are based upon the Medicare fee-for-service rates in place at the time of determination.
How long is the financial assistance available?
Once financial assistance has been approved, it is effective for all outstanding patient accounts incurred during the past six months and for all services provided within six months after the application is signed. Upon request, financial assistance may be extended for an additional six months with confirmation of the patient’s income or estimated income and household size.
For Abington Health outpatient clinic services, the assistance is effective for 12 months.
How do I apply for financial assistance?
Contact Abington Health staff at 215-481-5777. A representative will help you determine if you are eligible for government-sponsored programs or other insurance coverage.
If you don’t qualify for other coverage, you will need to complete a Financial Assistance Application and include all necessary supporting documents requested.
What documents will I need to provide to qualify?
- Proof of your address (Driver’s license, utility bills, etc.)
- Proof of your date of birth
- Proof of income
- Record of assets (stocks, bonds, rental property, bank accounts, CD’s)
- Unemployment Compensation determination Letter
- Copy of checking account statements for the past three months
- Copy of most recent income tax documents
Other documents may be required.
What if I’m not eligible for financial assistance or don’t want to supply all necessary supporting financial documents?
If you’re not eligible, the “Uninsured Fee Schedule” will apply for hospital inpatient and outpatient services, and you will be responsible for the remaining open balances.
The uninsured fee schedule is an automatic 50% discount off charges for hospital inpatient and outpatient services (and a maximum payment of no more than $1,600 for emergency room care).
Please note that the uninsured fee schedule does not apply to bills for physician services.