Southwest Chicken Salad with Citrus Pineapple Salsa
Ingredients for salsa
1 medium red grapefruit, peeled, segmented and chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, 1/4" dice
1 small orange, peeled, segmented and chopped
1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, undrained
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1 small jalapeño chili, seeded and finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Ingredients for chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
3 medium red grapefruits, peeled and segmented
Shredded romaine lettuce
Olive oil spray
- In a medium bowl, combine all salsa ingredients and set aside.
- Lightly spray both sides of chicken with oil. Pat chili powder on both sides of each breast.
- Over medium-hot coals, grill chicken 5 minutes each side or until no longer pink in center.
- Meanwhile, on 4 dinner plates, evenly divide lettuce and grapefruit segments.
- Diagonally cut each chicken breast into slices; reassemble breasts atop greens mixture on each plate. Spoon salsa on top of chicken.
Total calories 283
Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 72 mg
Protein 27 g
Carbohydrates 37 g
Fiber 7 g
Sodium 187 mg