Grilled Chicken Skewers with Cumin Yogurt Sauce over Couscous
2 whole chicken breasts (1 pound each), skinless and boneless
1/3 cup lemon juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup dry white wine
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 bay leaves, crumbled
2 1/2 cups non-fat chicken broth
1 3/4 cups couscous
1/2 cup sliced green onions
Vegetable cooking spray
Ingredients for sauce
1 1/2 cups plain non-fat yogurt
2 tablespoons minced cilantro
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 clove garlic, minced
- Soak eight bamboo skewers in hot water for 30 minutes.
- Prepare cumin-garlic yogurt sauce by mixing all ingredients together. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minute.
- Cut chicken into 3/4" chunks. In a medium bowl, mix lemon juice, oil, wine, garlic and bay leaves. Add chicken, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to four hours.
- In a 2- or 3-quart pan, bring chicken broth to a boil over high heat. Stir in couscous, cover, remove from heat and let stand while chicken is cooking.
- Lift chicken from marinade, reserving marinade and thread on skewers. Place on a lightly sprayed grill, 4 to 6 inches above a solid bed of medium-hot coals or use a broiler or a grill pan on your stove. Cook for about 10 minutes, basting with reserved marinade and turning as needed. Cut meat to test that center is no longer pink.
- With a fork, stir onions into couscous and fluff. Spoon couscous onto a platter and top with chicken skewers. Serve with yogurt sauce.
Total calories 372
Fat 9 g
Carbohydrates 38 g
Cholesterol 73 mg
Sodium 348 mg