Stuffed French Toast with Wild Berry Sauce
8 ounces non-fat cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1 cup thickly sliced strawberries, stems removed
1 (16 ounces) loaf french bread, about 4" wide
16 ounces egg substitute
1 cup skim milk
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Wild berry sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In a medium bowl, stir cream cheese until smooth. Stir in concentrate. Mix in berries.
- Cut a small diagonal slice from each end of the bread and discard. Slice bread diagonally into 1 and 1/2" thick slices. Cut each slice almost in half, leaving one side attached, to make a pocket.
- Divide the filling among the pockets, pressing edges closed.
- In shallow bowl, whisk together egg substitute, milk and vanilla. Slowly pour over bread, turning to coat completely.
- Spray foil and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Place soaked, stuffed bread on the foil about 2" apart.
- Bake for 6 to 10 minutes on each side. Lightly spray tops with oil spray before turning and cook until both sides are golden. Serve with wild berry sauce.
Total calories 264
Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Protein 19 g
Carbohydrates 38 mg
Fiber 2 g
Sodium 600 mg