Cinnamon Pecan Swirl Brunchcake
Yields 18 servings
Cooking oil spray
1/3 cup (packed) light brown sugar
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup raisins
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 large egg whites
1 large egg
8 ounces non-fat plain yogurt 1/3 cup canola oil
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups finely shredded carrots
Confectioner’s sugar, sifted (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Coat a 10" fluted tube pan with oil spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans, raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, granulated sugar,baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the egg whites and egg. Stir in the yogurt, oil and vanilla. Stir in the carrots. Add the carrot mixture to the flour mixture and stir until moistened. The batter will be thick.
- Spread 1/3 of the batter (about 1 1/2 c) into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of the brown sugar mixture. Repeat layers, ending with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Unmold and finish cooling on the rack.
- Sprinkle with sifted confectioner’s sugar, if desired. Serve warm or cool.
Total calories 220
Fat 5.5 g
Cholesterol 10 mg
Protein 4 g
Carbohydrates 38 g
Sodium 101 mg
Fiber 1 g