In Caring for Baby, a Registered Nurse will guide expectant parents in basic newborn care. All couples will receive a beautiful 104-page book that includes information on safety, becoming new parents, developmental milestones for the first 3 months and more. The color photographs in the book coordinate with the Power Point presentation in the class.
Each couple will have a newborn sized doll to learn:
- How to sponge bathe and care for the delicate skin of a newborn
- Swaddling technique
- Umbilical Cord Care
- How to use a bulb syringe
- How to hold and burp a newborn
The class will cover the following information:
- Normal newborn appearance, reflexes and senses
- How to choose and when it is appropriate to call your babies healthcare team for concerns such as illness and fever
- Sleep Patterns of a newborn
- Safe Sleep
- Is my newborn getting enough to eat?
- A video showing normal newborn procedures
- And so much more
Knowing what to expect and how to care for your newborn can help ease the anxiety that every new parent feels. This class assists expectant parents with the confidence you need to care for and bond with your new baby.
FOR CLASS CANCELLATIONS DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER, PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR E-MAIL AND PHONE NUMBER WHERE WE MAY BEST REACH YOU WHEN YOU ARE REGISTERING FOR CLASSES ONLINE. CLASS CANCELLATION INFORMATION WILL ALSO BE POSTED ON OUR WEB SITE OR YOU MAY CALL 215-481-6800 BEFORE 4 PM OR CALL 215-481-2000 AFTER 5 PM.
In this one session class, expectant parents receive practical information on caring for their newborn, including hospital procedures, newborn appearances and basic care. For more information and to register, please visit our website @ www.amh.org under Classes & Events or contact the Childbirth Education department @ 215-481-6800. FOR CLASS CANCELLATIONS DUE TO WEATHER, PLEASE VISIT THE CLASS DATE YOU REGISTERED FOR UNDER THE WEB SITE OR CALL 215-481-2000 AFTER 5 PM.